Lincoln College provides residential accommodation for university students who have moved to Adelaide to study at university. Lincoln has a proud history of student-led musical performance and engagement. We now build on this by introducing our “musician in residence” program, in which an early career musician is invited to become part of the community for Semester 2, 2016, and contribute to the musical life of the College.
The Musician-in-residence will be provided with:
- A double room to live in, in the Keith Murray Building at Lincoln College
- Entitlement to the full use of the facilities of the college including:
- All meals provided
- Free internet and utilities
- Music rehearsal rooms
- Access to social and development activities in the College
The Musician in residence will be living in a corridor with other residents, who are university students, and bathroom access will be shared.
The musician in residence (MIR) is offered free accommodation and access to the College facilities in exchange for coordinating a music program at Lincoln working around 15 hours per week, including:
- Tutoring music students
- Starting and running a College Choir – coordinating membership, selecting repertoire in consultation with the choir, running rehearsals and conducting for performances.
- Supporting the Lincoln College Band in preparing for Battle of the Bands
- Providing background music for Formal Dinner
- Supporting/accompanying resident performers at Music Night/International Night
The Musician in Residence reports to the Dean.
The ideal candidate would be a 2014 or 2015 graduate from the Elder Conservatorium who is seeking the make their way as a professional musician and would therefore value the opportunity to exchange musical labour for accommodation, to reduce living expenses. A pianist or pianist/vocalist may be a preferred candidate but we are open to applications from musicians who play other instruments. Please note this position is NOT available to musicians who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate program at university or TAFE.
Go to www.lincoln.edu.au/music, download the application form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7 July 2016. Applicants are welcome to request a tour of the College before submitting an application, if desired. Applicants may be invited to complete a police check as part of the application process.
Contact The Dean, Dr Jordan Bell, with any queries: email@example.com, 08 8290 6000.