What We Do
Music SA is a non-for-profit organisation committed to promoting, supporting and developing contemporary music in South Australia. We nurture careers in the industry and deliver cultural and economic benefits to artists, residents, businesses, visitors and global audiences.
The South Australian Contemporary Music Company Ltd. T/As MusicSA (formerly AusmusicSA) was established on July 23, 1997.
MusicSA receives major funding from the South Australian Government through Department for Industry, Innovation and Science, project funding from City of Adelaide, AHA (SA Branch), APRA AMCOS and the Live Music Events Fund to support its program delivery. MusicSA is also grateful for the support it receives from our generous sponsors, Version Design, Moshtix, Aon Entertainment Insurance and Derringers.
The Company is administered by a Board of Directors with office-bearers comprising a Chair, Secretary and Treasurer. Company finances are reviewed by an independent auditor on an annual basis. The Board is responsible for the employment of a CEO who has the responsibility of day to day financial, resource and staff management.
MusicSA delivers projects for the benefit of the South Australian music industry, including
- A comprehensive SA music website
- Professional development, advice and consultancy service for SA artists and practitioners
- Music business events and seminars
- Contemporary music showcases and live performance opportunities
- Secondary School Vocational Education Training (VET) programs
- SA Music Awards
- Good Music Month
MusicSA is the peak advocacy body for the South Australian contemporary music industry. A not-for-profit organisation, MusicSA exists to:
- Promote, support and develop the local industry.
- Nurture careers, create pathways, and deliver industry and professional development opportunities and strategic programs and projects.
- Connect artists, audiences, venues, and businesses.
MusicSA sits at the nexus of the state and national music industries, and along with the other state-based AMIN organisations, operates solely for the benefit of the state-based industries and without the vested or commercial interests of other national or state music industry businesses and agencies. As the peak advocacy body for the South Australian contemporary music industry, MusicSA is a leader, advocate, role-model and agitator.
- We work Transparantly, Collaboratively, Inclusively, and Respectfully
- We are Fearless in our Advocacy
- We Acknowledge and Respect First Nations
- We place Artists at the centre of our Industry
- We Practice Sustainability for our People, In our Process and for our Planet
The contemporary music industry in South Australia is elevated and celebrated as an artist-driven, thriving, innovative and professional music ecology.
- Priority 1: Advocacy
- Priority 2: Industry and Professional Development
- Priority 3: First Nations Engagement
- Priority 4: Regional Engagement and Development
- Priority 5: Sustainability
The information regarding artists, venues and advertisers contained on this website has been provided to The South Australian Contemporary Music Company Limited ACN 079 445 051 trading as MusicSA (“MusicSA”) by the applicable artists, venues, advertisers or their sources. MusicSA makes no warranty or representation that the information contained on this website is complete or otherwise free of any errors or discrepancies. To the fullest extent permitted by law, MusicSA disclaims all liability (including any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damage or loss) suffered or incurred by any person, whether directly or indirectly by reason of any information contained on this website being incomplete, incorrect or misleading or deceptive. To the fullest extent permitted by law, MusicSA excludes all conditions and warranties. Copyright responsibilities for any material that appears on this website, rests with the artists, venues, advertisers and their sources. Please note, the MusicSA website uses Google Analytics for the collection of statistical data.
We are non-profit
The South Australian Contemporary Music Company Limited T/AS MusicSA is listed on the Register of Cultural organisations with Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) Status and as such can accept tax deductible donations. Please contact Christine Schloithe, Chief Executive Officer on (08) 8104 1101 for details.