– Folk duo CAT DOG BIRD have announced a run of shows in the coming months, including spots at SCALA Live and on Radio Adelaide’s Songcatcher program. Check out the full list here.
– The debut album from psych-grunge act BLOOD PLASTIC, Blood Makes Fantastic Plastic, is still a couple of weeks off, but they’ve released a single track to give you a taste of what’s to come. It’s dark, it’s noisy, it’s drone-y and it’s riff-tastic. Grab it from here. Oh, and there’s a film clip for it too, which you can see here.
– Also on the new film clip train, URTEKK have released the second part of the DM3 Project, this part called Freedom. Check out the psychedelic visuals to the dancefloor-filling sounds here. Also see part 1, Patterns, here, if you missed it.
– Huge congrats to producer MOTEZ – he’s just signed with Primary Talent International for UK and European bookings, joining the same team who also look after acts like Daft Punk, Dizzee Rascal, A-Trak and more.
– Young musicians in the hills take note! WOODSIDE JAMZ, a monthly drug & alcohol-free youth music event is coming your way. Emerging bands and solo artists can play a set, or individuals can join in the open jam. The first event starts on Sunday September 7. Check out more info here.
– In an era where artists are increasingly turning to crowd funding, local chanteuse and soul power house JAYNE-ANNE POWER appeals to fans and supporters to help finish her fourth album. The album had been 9 months in the making and showcases her award winning songwriting and signature RnB style. At time of writing, she’s already raised over $5000 of the $7000 required, and there’s still 15 days to go. More info here.
– For fans of heavier projects, keep an eye out for new stuff from PRIORITY ORANGE. They’ve announced they’re recording a new EP, with new tunes hopefully seeing the light of days soon.
– Electro-Indie-Pop singer-songwriter MADELEINE HUNT releases her new EP this weekend if you’re looking for something sooner. More info on that and other hot tips for live music in this week’s gig guide.